Digital fleet management
Individual software solutions from jambit - download free checklist
You are planning to implement a system for digital fleet management? In our free checklist "8 impulses for the successful introduction of a digital fleet management system" you will learn what you should consider early on during the initiation.
Fleet management describes the administration, planning, and control of B2B vehicle fleets in small businesses up to large customers. Examples include fleets of company cars or the commercial vehicles of a logistics company. It supports the added value of a company by getting the most out of resources and services, as well as by anticipating and solving problems. Digital offerings can even optimize these aspects.
On this page, you can learn more about how companies can benefit from software solutions in the area of digital fleet management and how jambit as a software service provider can support you in their development.
Optimized fleet management through digital services
As part of digitization, digital fleet management is state-of-the-art nowadays. It optimizes communication and processes between fleet managers, vehicles, and drivers. Based on real-time data from the vehicles, digital fleet management offers a wide range of benefits. Starting with just-in-time order management, through the minimization of downtimes by predictive maintenance, to operational evaluations within the framework of business intelligence. With these and other services, digital fleet management systematically relieves dispatching, optimizes route planning, and enables operational process optimization and cost reductions.
Digital fleet management enables a range of new services:
- Timely and efficient planning of service appointments and maintenance work and a resulting reduction in downtimes.
- Increased efficiency through fast and flexible job planning. More efficient fleet capacity utilization through the use of vehicle data such as location and (remaining) distances.
- Commercial vehicles become distributed and moving warehouse capacities. The connection to a warehousing system allows tracking and reroutig goods during delivery.
- Optimized route planning by integrating real-time traffic data and POI (point of interest) dispatch through fleet management.
- Driving style analysis through vehicle data to optimize fuel or energy consumption.
- Simplification of communication between fleet managers and drivers through direct messaging.
- Introducing digital logbooks that automatically log trips.
- Remote vehicle operation for (un)locking the vehicle. Transparency and control over auxiliary heating or other equipment features.
- Theft protection through the use of geofences in whose area vehicles are allowed to move.
- Intelligent charging management for staggered charging and pre-air conditioning of the fleet.
Individual solutions for digital fleet management
Since jambit's foundation in 1999, automotive projects have been an integral part of our portfolio. jambit was not only involved in many technical developments and future topics from day one, but also supported the success of our customers in a sustainable way.
Over the decades, jambit has been able to build up extensive automotive know-how in a number of cross-OEM projects. The following project selection underlines jambit's capabilities and enthusiasm for digital fleet management solutions and provides insights into various use cases:
Download free checklist:
8 impulses for the successful introduction of a digital fleet management system
The checklist helps you with the following questions:
What is the basis for digital fleet management?
Which legal issues need to be considered and how can you position yourself best IT-wise?
And how can you win acceptance for your solution on the market?