AI in the Newsroom: Machine Learning for the Paywall of the F.A.Z.
Customer: Süddeutsche Zeitung Digitale Medien GmbH
Project: SZ Digital
- Creation of an adaptive newspaper layout
- Complete rework of the appearance of SZ Digital
- Uniform display of content on all end user devices
- Editorially designed layout in all resolutions
- Sophisticated editorial workflow
- Integration into the authorship of printed articles
- Parallel enrichment with digital assets (images, videos, etc.)
- Design and implementation of a load critical back-end
- Scalable access control
- Scalable download for different platforms
- Paywall with integration of iTunes, SAP, subscription management, etc.
Together with jambit, we are working on innovative solutions for the future of the newspaper. Thanks to their comprehensive expertise in HTML5 and responsive design, we have succeeded in preparing the newspaper layout for digital use and in integrating it into a daily production process.
- Close collaboration with product management and design
- Implementation in an agile team
- High-end reading experience for digital customers, improved weighting of newspaper articles
- More design possibilities for editors with no extra effort in day-to-day work
- Expansion of editorial workflow to include creation of adaptive layout
- Basis for cross-platform solution for the future (iOS, Win8, Android, …)
- Record time-to-market thanks to flexible prioritization; punctual, trouble-free launch at start of Win8