jambit develops app for awarded innovation
As part of the Mercedes-Benz Advanced Control (MBAC) project, jambit has developed a new iOS App together with Mercedes-Benz. The app bundles typical camper van systems such as cameras, heating, refrigerator, gas, fresh water etc. and provides a status display and operating option via the smart devices.
At the award ceremony Das Goldene Reisemobil 2019 as part of the Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf, MBAC has just been awarded the "Goldenes Reisemobil Innovation Award" for Best Accessories Innovation 2019 by "Auto Bild". More than 280 invited guests from the camper van industry celebrated the victory with Philipp Wex (Head of Infotainment & Connectivity Mercedes-Benz Vans Development, Daimler AG).
The MBAC iOS app: Successful development with many technologies
jambit has developed the MBAC app with a total of five employees as a subproject in the Scrum of Scrums environment with cross-team communication. Over the past two years, the team could achieve many implementations using various methods and technologies:
- Use of Microsoft Azure DevOps for continuous integration, building, testing and deployment
- Implementation of a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) interface for data exchange with the hardware control unit of a camper
- Development of independent libraries for BLE communication, security, JSON handling and encapsulation of binary protocols
- Data exchange based on open language appicals. Additional implementation of several proprietary binary protocols for communication with proprietary hardware
- Use of the key-exchange security protocol Elliptic-curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH)
- Use of the Advanced Encryption Standard Counter Mode (AES-CCM) as encryption method
- Authentication via keyed-hash message authentication code (HMAC)
- Technologies used: Xcode, AppCode, Swift, Objective-C, iOS, Python, Apple Keychain, Bluetooth Low Energy, Azure DevOps, Git, HockeyApp
We are especially happy that, due to the excellent cooperation and the great result, the team from the jambit Business Division Automotive has just received the follow-up order to also develop the Android App for Mercedes-Benz Advanced Control. As an innovative software service provider, we at jambit are very proud to repeatedly satisfy our customers with such successful projects.