Customer: GENIVI Alliance
Project: Development and introduction of a reference platform for open-source IVI
- GENIVI is a non-profit consortium in the automotive industry consisting of OEMs, Tier1s, suppliers and chip manufacturers involved in advancing the widespread introduction of a reference platform for open-source IVI (In-Vehicle-Infotainment: audio, video, navigation, Internet, telephoning, etc.)
- The aim is to pool member's requirements, design a reference platform, offer certification programs and establish a lively system for the development of third-party applications that is supported by all vehicles in the GENIVI Alliance
- The GENIVI platform consists of Linux-based core services (kernel, libraries), middleware and an open user interface
- The platform forms the basis upon which automobile manufacturers and their suppliers can establish a wide variety of products and services
- jambit is an Associate Member and supports GENIVI in specifying and defining the software architecture
- jambit gives advice and monitors numerous open-source issues, including license questions, choice of components, and release processes
GENIVI has the potential for an open source revolution: The transition is not only taking place in separate companies, but in the whole sector. jambit is proud to be a leading party of this movement.
- Through the use of open-source software and development methods, Alliance members are given total control over the progress and alignment of software solutions and innovations
- Development costs are cut dramatically: code developed in software projects flows into the open-source system, automobile-specific components are developed jointly by all members within the framework of the Alliance
- The In-Vehicle-Infotainment software landscape is extended, new partners and business models emerge within the eco-system
- jambit deploys open-source experts who are global leaders in the field
Contact us now!
* Mandatory field