The software enthusiasts Leipzig invite you to their next Meetup on August 12, 2021 from 5:30 p.m. on the topic of pair programming at a distance.
Speakers Santo Pfingsten and Alexander Pöhlmann about their joint talk: "As we all know, pair programming in the classic sense means wo people sit in front of one computer, one person writes and the other checks. This is also called driver & navigator. In the current pandemic, pair programming could not be done keeping the recommended spacing rules and working from home. But even without the pandemic, there was already a barrier for pair programming in distributed teams. With the pair programming plugins for the development environments IntelliJ (jetbrains IDEs) and Visual Studio code, developers can overcome this hurdle. With both IDEs, the plugins allow to work on a project together, to debug and also to communicate. In addition, they offer different features to varying degrees. Depending on the programming language, the features can also vary once again."
The Meetup will be held in German. We reserve the right to switch to an online format at short notice, if needed.
- A minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other people must be kept at all times.
- The number of participants will be limited.
- Masks are mandatory in the building and in the corridors, so please bring clean masks.
- Appropriate hygiene items will be available (soap, disinfectant).
- A large meeting room with appropriate spacing arrangements will be prepared for the talk.
The meetup at a glance:
- WHO? Alexander Pöhlmann and Santo Pfingsten
- WHAT? Pair programming
- WHEN? Thursday, August 12, 2021 from 5:30 p.m. onwards
- WHERE? jambit GmbH, Klostergasse 3, 04109 Leipzig, We reserve the right to change to an online format at short notice.